Tuesday, October 08, 2013

Why I pack what I pack in my shoeboxes. A list of items and why?????

In this post I will list items that I put in my shoeboxes and why I place these items in a shoebox.

1) Prayer, I pray over every item I make and every shoebox I pack. Pray is essential to this and every ministry/project. Not only to I pray for the child but I also pray for the village/community, country, salvation for those who have not yet received, health and safety for those who will process and deliver. This is just the short list. PRAYER is the MOST IMPORTANT ITEM!!!!!!

2) stuffed animal: I love to place a small stuffed animal in every shoebox. Many of these countries are war torn. Every child needs some thing they can love and hold on to when things are not so pleasant.

3) School supplies: This is a way to allow the child a pathway to a better future. Many countries will not allow a child to attend school if they can not provide their own supplies. In many of these countries the cost of school supplies is more that a family will make in a week.

4) Color: Bright colors, the atmosphere is many of the places these children are is dark and very dreary. Bright colors will brighten their world.

5) Hard candy/gum. This item reminds me of the sweet love of JESUS that is there for ALL of us.

6) Tooth brush/tooth paste. Everyone needs their very own. I have heard stories of children having to share a toothbrush among 30-40 orphans.

7) I like to place a wash cloth. Can you imagine if you never had one, just how excited you would be?????

8) small toys Like the ones I have posted here. I like to make as much stuff as I can this allows me to pray over the child more.

9)   games I like games that can be shared.

10) coloring books>>>>> some thing for the crayons.

 I also like to pray while I am packing and letting God tell me what to put in a box. Then when you hear a story about a child praying for something that is a little odd. Girl praying for a Ken Barbie Doll, a little boy wanting a monkey, a young man wanting tools so he can help build his family a home, hair clips, shoes. You know God has guided that person, to place that item, in that box, for that child. Then God takes that box and makes sure it gets to the right country, to the right distribution, to the right child. That is how MY GOD WORKS!!!!!!! and I get to help!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. This is great, Mrs. Morris!! All these ideas are getting my own wheels turning. :) I hope to be able to meet you and your family some day. I had so much fun with Deborah on our team!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kendra, I would love to meet the whole team. You have no idea what that trip has meant to our entire family.

      Delete